Sponsor Me for Blog-a-thon!

Saturday, August 06, 2005

SciFriday: Stargate: SG1 - "The Ties That Bind"

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Don't get me wrong, I love this show but it seems to be struggling for content. It is also aware that it is struggling for content because TPTB are trying to cut the Stargate Program's budget. It's funny because in order to keep funding, they have to sell a threat assessment. Sounds a little too familiar eh? The Vala thing is getting a tad trying. I can only handle so much sass from one woman. (I'm all of the sass that I can handle) This week's plot: They took the bracelets off but are still connected. Great! Whodathunkit? I do think that her having to confront people that she stole from was a great spin.

The great thing is that I totally forget the Farscape connection with Browder and Black. This is really the best part of the whole act. I don't know why Vala gets such free reign of the SGC but let's hope Samantha Carter puts it all to an end when she returns.

2 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I watched this earlier today, and I have to say that I am a bit cheesed off that its taken this many episodes to bring her into the team.
But you're right - I didn't even notice the Farscape thing until some other sci-fi nut I know pointed it out.

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually really liked last night's episode of Stargate SG-1. I had actually been struggling with it the first three episodes. But, I really enjoyed Vala last night...although, perhaps it's because of my policy that Claudia Black cannot do any wrong. ;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home