Sponsor Me for Blog-a-thon!

Saturday, August 06, 2005

#14 Countdown: Sliders

What if you found a portal to a parallel universe?

What if you could slide into a thousand different worlds
where it's the same year and you're the same person,
but everything else is different?

And what if you couldn't find your way home?


This show was Stargate with out the Stargate. Sliders was smart for it's day. It made quantum mechanics entertaining and that's no small feat. Why.... the cat was even named Schrodinger [girlie squeal]. Of course, the science was glossed over but it was a really cute show. I personally don't know how it got made. It didn't have guns, explosions or heavy clevage but I enjoyed it the same.

The cast changed a bit and if my memory serves me correctly, Cleavant Derricks, as Rembrandt "Crying Man" Brown stayed for the entired run.
This is a great tidbit too. Jerry O'Donnell's brother Charlie was the star of The Bachelor. LAME!


[Listening to: SoSF_017_Patricia Tolman - Michael & Evo - Slice of Sci-Fi (41:59)]

2 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is another show that I didn't get to watch that much. I think it's on DVD...so, thanks for reminding me as I'll have to add to my Netflix queue. Plus, I have a little crush on Jerry O'Connell.

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger scifirantergirl said...

I can see why, he's a hottie. He's in some new cop show. He still looks good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home