Sponsor Me for Blog-a-thon!

Sunday, August 07, 2005

#2 Countdown: The New Outer Limits

[creepy music]
There is nothing wrong with your television. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are now controlling the transmission. We control the horizontal and the vertical. We can deluge you with a thousand channels or expand one single image to crystal clarity and beyond. We can shape your vision to anything our imagination can conceive. For the next hour we will control all that you see and hear. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the deepest inner mind to The Outer Limits.

...Please stand by...
[/creepy music]
The opening theme sets the mood for this show. I always get goose bumps when I hear it. I like The Outer Limits because you never know what you are going to get. The lack of a regular cast is what makes this show unique. Anybody is fair game which lets them tell a story where they can kill off the star and not loose any fan loyalty.

The range of topics kept The Outer Limits fresh. One week you would have aliens or androids. The next week you would be dealing with evolution or mutation. The themes ranged further and covered things like after life, scientific theory to the extreme, life after death, recycling bodies for people with souls but no body, resurrections, artificial intelligence and every one's favorite, time travel. My life's work doesn't deal with science, physics or theory but these topics fascinate me. I know when some of the story stretch fact to extend the imagination, it's the purpose for the show and it's one of my favorites because of it.

Some of my favorite shows are Double Helix, A Stitch In Time, Sand Kings, there are more but I'm sleepy...

1 Comments:

At 6:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, yes...the theme music. It always creeped me out as well. That, and the theme music for "Unsolved Mysteries" when I was a kid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home