Sponsor Me for Blog-a-thon!

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Honorable Mention: V

I saw V when I was very young. It really stuck with me. The mini-series is probably responsible for my love for science-fiction.

Aliens pretending to be friendly come to Earth and are received openly. The aliens have masqueraded themselves to look just like humans. When it is discovered that the aliens' planet is dying and that they have come to rape the Earth of its natural resources, the war for Earth begins. An important key to the humans' success is distinguishing the their own from the aliens.

Now TV show that resulted as a result of the mini-series. Pure crap. This show was BAD. The evil Diana's 80's hair, the big blind man sun shades, the cat fighting and the obligatory shot of the aliens eating rats got old. It was cancelled after the frist season.

The Visitors

IMO Earth: Final Conflict borrowed heavily from the mini-series.


[Listening to: SoSF_017_Patricia Tolman - Michael & Evo - Slice of Sci-Fi (41:59)]

2 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome, awesome show! I also forgot about this show when I put together my list of favorite sci-fi shows. I think I'm going to have to revisit now that you're reminding me of all these great shows.

I remember watching this as a kid and just being absolutely mystified and terrified. And, it was nice seeing Robert Englund with his actual face and being a gentle soul rather than killing kids in their dreams.

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger scifirantergirl said...

I totally forgot about Robert Englund. You are right, such a treat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home