Sponsor Me for Blog-a-thon!

Saturday, August 06, 2005

#13 Countdown: Smallville

Smallville

I almost forgot to include this because this show is so human but our Clark Kent is indeed an alien. He's from Krypton. (snark)

I was all over Smallville when it first aired. Then it got too mushy with Lana Lang. Then I got interested again. The past couple of seasons really reeled me back in. I especially loved the episode where he finally flew. I can watch that one over and over. The Lana tattoo arc was interesting for awhile but then she whined too much and I wanted her to die.

Hint: Dear WB, I want more flying and less Lana. Less Lois too, she's annoying.

Smallville managed to bring Superman down to earth. We got to see his day to day activities. It's a commentary about not being being your best because most of the world is a bunch of slackers and if you show that you are better than the average-joe people will try to use you or destroy you. (More snark)

On another note...
Lex Luthor is so quasi-evil. I don't think this guy is every going to be fully evil. If Smallville doesn't work out maybe Michael Rosebaum can be cast as The Young Kojak.


[Listening to: SoSF_018_Jeffery Willarth - Michael & Evo - Slice of Sci-Fi (57:36)]

2 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So totally agree with you about Lana over the last season. I keep thinking that Chloe is the Lana that should have been. I mean, in the comic books, wasn't it Lana who was the only one who knew about Clark?

The thing about Smallville for me is that I can't stand the freak of the week storylines anymore. It's just really implausible that a town like Smallville could have that many secret freaks. I mean, by now, it would have meant that EVERYBODY developed some super power as a result of the kryptonite storm. And, why is it that all these people with super powers turn out to be such baddies.

And, COME ON, PEOPLE! Lois living in Smallville with Clark and then later working with him as an investigative reporter and she still can't figure out his mystery? LAME!

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger scifirantergirl said...

I'm not a fan of stand alone episodes but for some reason those get the best ratings. People are so backwards.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home