Sponsor Me for Blog-a-thon!

Saturday, August 06, 2005

#9 Countdown: Battlestar Galactica

Battlestar Galactica has proven itself worthy to two generations.
The Original Battlestar Galactica
The Re-Imagined Battlestar Galactica on the SciFi Channel

When news of a re-imagined Battlestar Galactica hit the net, "it" hit the fan. All I heard was Boomer was going to be a woman, Starbuck was going to be a woman, Adama was going to be Hispanic, Tigh isn't Black anymore. Oh and Richard hatch? He was the ring leader and the major voice of distention. This guy was on a major crusade against the show. I've never had the opportunity the original show all I could do was wait and see how the new show turned out.

I wasn't that worried though. As soon as I heard Ron D Moore was involved I was good. He's responsible for one of my favorite Star Trek series, Deep Space 9. He had a hand in Carnivale, First Contact, G vs E etc. With this incarnation of BSG, he brought back gritty science fiction. DS9 was the grittiest Trek. Carnivale was pretty gritty too. I have faith in Moore's abilities. BSG is a show I truly look forward to every week. The show started off a bit depressing but as the story unfolded, I was hooked.

This show has the space ships, robots, sex, military and most importantly continuity and mythology which are always my favorites. They gave Richard Hatch a recurring role which is perfect for him. In the latest episode. It appeared as if Madame President addressed him as Captian Apollo. Anyone catch that?

The first season finale was extremely impressive. I didn't expect Captain Adama to get shot. I just hope that they don't use character killing as the cliff hanger for every season finale.


[Listening to: DPC2C_169_060605 - Michael & Evo - Dragon Page C2C (0:-1)]

2 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the new Battlestar too. I then went and hired the original, being to young to have seen it first time round, and liked that too. I think they were different but each good in their own way.

Happy blogathon

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know how I feel about this show and the love that just oozes out of my every pore.

As for Roslin addressing Zarek as "Captain Apollo," I think she was just surprised that Zarek was there and, before saying anything to Zarek, she wanted to confer with Apollo. Or, at least, that was my take on it. And, that's when she says, "It seems that the enemy of my enemy IS my friend."

Oh, how I love BSG reimagined!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home