Sponsor Me for Blog-a-thon!

Saturday, August 06, 2005

#10 Countdown: Farscape

Farscape was such a unique show. Sure it was similar to others but it had it's own special flair that made it one of my personal favorites for like. Sure it's totally shallow but I loved the costumes on this show. These show was totally alien which is why, I'm told, it wasn't successful. People hated "the puppet" otherwise known as Rigel. I think that is a lousy reason to not give Farscape a chance. The storylines were as colorful as the characters. At times, this show was just plain wacky. When I watched this show, it was a total escape and a fun adventure. I don't understand why people would want to watch something close to real life on TV. Are people's lives that uneventful?

This show stretched science to the extreme. The wormhole theories used on this show were pushed to the limits. (Especially after Stephen Hawking revised theory. :)

In my opinion, the show was just starting to evolve when it was axed by the SciFi channel. Fans were so upset that they launched a massive campaign to save the show. The campaign was so successful that even after SciFi said that the cancellation was a done deal, the show was brought back in a mini-series to wrap up the story.

3 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey webring neighbor, nice countdown! I haven't seen all of these personally, but their names are spoken by people I know with a kind of non-geeky reverance that you just have to respect.

I'm looking forward to the rest of your top ten. It will definitely give me something to keep awake for!

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger scifirantergirl said...

Thanks a bunch! May your coffee be strong! :)

 
At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that's what kept the show fresh -- it's ability to be wacky at times. Characters could play out of...well...character without us constantly saying, "Hey, he/she wouldn't do that!"

But, to me, the highlight of the show was the relationship between Aeryn and John. They had such chemistry that you don't often see on television.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home