Sponsor Me for Blog-a-thon!

Saturday, August 06, 2005

#11 Countdown: Firefly

What can I say? This show has a life of it's own.

When it first premeired, I didn't care for it. I hated it so bad that I quit watching. Little did I realize that this show was being shown out of order.
One of the initial turn off of Firefly for me was the Western schtick. I'm really allergic to Westerns. They make me ill. The combination of Firefly and Carnivale opened me up to the old West.

The internet buzz dug it's claws into my curiosity so I gave the show another chance. I really loved it the second time around. I really have to say that if you are still not sold on the show, you should re- watch it in order twice. If you still don't like it, try the movie. If you still don't like it just give up on life. (Just kidding)

For folks who still aren't sold I tell them to think of Firefly as Han Solo's Adventures before he met Luke. It's a very loose, toungue-in-cheek comparison.

The excitement for the up and coming film is phenomenal. The show was cancelled back in 2002 after it's fist incomplete run on Fox. (They didn't even show the whole season) DVD sales drove the campaign for the movie coming out based on the show called Serenity. I don't think that they TV show is coming back but I do think there will be more movies. I'd prefer a TV show but anything is good.



[Listening to: SoSF_018_Jeffery Willarth - Michael & Evo - Slice of Sci-Fi (57:36)]

2 Comments:

At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"For folks who still aren't sold I tell them to think of Firefly as Han Solo's Adventures before he met Luke."

Excellent, excellent one line description of the show.

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger scifirantergirl said...

Kinda sad to have to stereotype the show like that because Firefly is much more. If someone described it to me like that, I would have been on board a lot sooner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home