Sponsor Me for Blog-a-thon!

Sunday, August 07, 2005

#5 Countdown: Dr. Who

The New Dr. Who

Dr. Who?
Isn't that the show that had something to do with a doctor, time travel and a blue telephone booth?


I'm ashamed to admit but this was the extent of my Dr.Who knowledge prior to this latest season. I did not know that this show had been on for a whopping 26 years prior. So this is the longest running science fiction show to date yes?

I fell in love with this show only to find out that Christopher Eccleston was leaving at the end of the season. I was PISSED! The new guy came in with style so I'm going to give him a chance. That's the least of my worries with this show. Twenty- six entire seasons that I haven't seen. My blood pressure rises thinking of the catch up that I would have to do just to really know what is going on. Rose explained the "Bad Wolf" thing but I still didn't get it.

The show seems like it's for kids, it's definitely not Battlestar Galactica. Like Farscape though, this show reminds me that there's a whole planet that I live on and I've been living in the same city all my life. Terrorists be damned, I want to visit England anyway.

[Listening to: 12-EarthCore-Chapters23-24 - Scott Sigler - (0:-1)]

3 Comments:

At 1:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to London, Oxford, and Cambridge almost a year ago. It's definitely worth the trip. That was my first vacation on my own and outside of the Western half of the United States. What an eye-opener, in a great way! Looks like I'll have a chance to spend more time in Oxford this time next year, so we'll see if a return trip is in the cards.

Can't wait for the rest of your countdown!

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger scifirantergirl said...

Nice, you'll have to put up a photoblog and share

 
At 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Episodes of Dr. Who are still on my Netflix queue list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home